This 1,453 sq ft stone residence is located in Antioquia District, Peru.
It was designed in 2014 by Marina Vella Arquitectos.
Description by Marina Vella Arquitectos
The challenge is positioned in a 5,800m2 (62,430.68ft2) rural plot south-east of Lima, 40.5 km (25 mi) from the street that borders the Lurin River from Lima to Huarochiri. The highway that results in the location is surrounded by a gorgeous panorama the place stone, wooden, clay and native flora stand out.
The irregular web site is 70 meters (229 toes) larger than the River space, changing into an amazing pure balcony of the mountains/valley and the luxurious vegetation surrounding it.
It was an excellent alternative to spotlight conservation through the use of sustainable supplies that mix unobtrusively with the panorama creating sensorial and visible bonds among the many customers, the panorama and structure. Selecting a precise location was difficult and it result in an answer of two unbiased volumes articulated by a backyard lined up with the present bushes and the valley. This enables the customers to have fixed reference to nature and out of doors actions.
Predominant design concepts
– Respect the setting and grow to be a part of it; the 2 volumes are components in concord with the surroundings, every will be surrounded and due to this fact unfastened the entrance-back impact.
– Create a habitat in concord with the encircling tones of nature; all of the pure assets obtainable on the positioning have been used: stone, adobe, eucalyptus and cane in addition to the normal development methods. The vegetation are used as design components, thus integrating the volumes with the panorama and making them a part of it.
– With the intention to maximize the world for agricultural functions and outside actions this system was solved in a minimal space.
– Parking within the higher space of the location. Entry to the home by a pedestrian pathway by a sown discipline. A lateral path is for use for harvesting functions.
– The lounge, dinning room and kitchen are positioned in a 68 m2 space sheltered by a tall quantity, giant window screens guarantee pure mild and cross air flow.
– The 67 m2 (721 ft2) decrease quantity has a distribution corridor to 3 bedrooms, an attic, 2 loos and the terrace. To make sure the bed room’s good air flow and lighting low home windows are oriented in the direction of the East and the “teatinas” (Peruvian roof home windows used since colonial instances) are oriented in the direction of West. The balconied terrace is oriented in the direction of the valley.
– Outdoors actions: hammocks space, fireplace space, and a playground space, gazebo, and swimming pool are surrounded by inexperienced and an orchard.
A builder with native data of conventional building methods was chosen for this section. To be able to rationalize funding assets and closing dates it was determined to make use of a mixture building system; in first part concrete columns, beams and slabs supported by an adjoining basis. In second part partitions have been constructed with native supplies: stone, adobe and the cane.
A big curved dry-stone inside and exterior wall offers form to the excessive and low volumes on the East facet. The transversal partitions had been constructed with adobes had been made in-situ and used to delimit the terrace. Eucalyptus wooden is the structural factor that helps the “Carrizo” (reed grass) sunroof within the terrace. Recycled wooden is used for the flooring, doorways, home windows, and shutters.
Giant stones discovered on website have been chosen and organized in an ergonomic approach throughout land actions. For the coating of soil decorative vegetation had been chosen on the idea of the least water want.
Bougainvillea , bignonia and Jasmine are vines used to offer colour to the construction. To guard the slope between the stone wall on the west facet and the higher components of the bottom, Vetiver was used, a plant with a really deep root that acts as a containing wall by controlling the erosion of the land.
Images by Gonzalo Cáceres Dancuart